Friday, July 27, 2007

Things are better

My last post was pretty down, but I actually received an apology from my mother for "going off the deep end." Anyway, I'm now about 7 1/2 weeks post-op and am finally starting to feel like myself. My PCP switched my pain medication regiment, which has helped a lot. I am climbing stairs normally now, my walking is faster, I'm helping more around the house, I'm taking less naps, I'm able to sit and watch tv for a whole show, and I'm eating dinner at the table instead of on my "comfy" chair with a tv tray. I still experience pain, but it is diminishing.

I have a stitch abscess (sp?) on the lower 1/2 inch of my scar, which was oozing gross stuff and blood. Apparently my body was trying to reject that type of stitch (necryl), which was used to stitch the area of my drain and bone graft. Luckily, that is being taken care of now, and also feeling much better.

Two of my dearest friends in the world are currently flying here to see me and will stay for a long weekend. I'm so excited and glad that it doesn't hurt to laugh so much because I'm sure a lot of laughing will be going on. . . . lots of ice cream eating too.

I feel like I'm finally REALLY on my way to recovery. I hope it continues.

1 comment:

lynne said...

you will continue to get better Anya!!! Is'nt it great to hit somewhat of a turning point?!
Now at a year, I tend to again, take for granted all I can now do...I try not to though....Lynne