Thursday, March 01, 2007

Surgery

Well, I'm having surgery. I actually don't feel like writing about it right now because I'm exhausted, and let's face it . . . in denial. However, when I was home over Christmas and sorting through old stuff, I came across this letter from my grandfather. My grandad is my guarding angel, and this is what I found from 1993:

The card itself reads:
Sometimes it seems that life is most difficult when we're the most vulnerable - when pulling through and sorting things out seems like an impossible task. And yet, when we do, our sense of accomplishment is great - giving us new hope and courage to continue. Take heart that brighter, happier days are in store and that others care about you very much.

My grandad wrote inside:
I am so sorry to hear about your various ailments, especially problems with your back and the nuisance of wearing a brace. But knowing you, you will grit your teeth, grin and bear it, and as time passes you will be "fit as a fiddle." Bless you darling.

Ok grandad, I'm ready to be "fit as a fiddle" now. This card will go to the hospital with me.

Will write more later when I feel like talking about surgery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made the decision I thought you would make. Do you have a date? E-mail me once you get a chance to digest everything.

lynne said...

One of the hardest parts is making the decision...feel good knowing in your heart, you have made the right decision for you...Ly

UndGretel? said...

wow the card your grandad sent you made me cry!
prob just in that mind set at the moment after having my mother crying on the phone to me!
good luck