Friday, March 23, 2007

List for the hospital

As promised on the forum, here is the list I compiled for the hospital. I would greatly appreciate any advice on other things I'm forgetting. . .

Things to bring to the hospital:
chapstick
robe
slippers with grips/flipflops, slipper socks
teeth cleansers (those disposable ones), toothbrush and toothpaste
complete medical history and medication list
loose fitting clothing for the way home and some for the hospital if possible
i-pod
phone list
glasses
cell phone
a few bendy straws
my own pillows
pictures and other mementos that will help me feel better
hairbrush
body lotion
feminine supplies
lots of pillows for the ride home
journal for family to write when I get my pain meds, which ones, and names of nurses and doctors

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget good, grippy slip-on shoes for when you leave the hospital. If your surgeon thinks you will need a brace afterwards, stock up on tank-top style cotton undershirts.

lynne said...

I brought my cd player/don't a an ipod but my kid does??!! I never even used it except to calm me before they called me in to dress down for surgery.. I watched tv the whole time after...it's all I could do..
get some gas-ex too..although I needed once or twice after surgery while at home..somebody recommended it..& make-up..I put it on the second week..felt good.Ly

Anonymous said...

You might want to bring face wipe/make-up removers. They were great for freshening up. They moisturise better then baby wipes. My hospital said no valuables, they aren't responsible. A larger cd player might be better, it wouldn't fit in a pocket.