Monday, March 12, 2007

Feeling a little blue

I went for my echocardiogram today. Honestly this is one of the least painful parts of pre-op procedures. I don't really expect that a cardiology department would know a lot about scoliosis, but the woman's first question was, "What did you do to your back?" UHT! Nothing - gee, isn't that funny. Ok, enough sarcasm. Then she did not know what to say about my upcoming surgery. I find most people don't. So then she asks the question that I just absolutely love (note sarcasm again): "So, does your back hurt?" Maybe if my career fails I will go around the world informing people about scoliosis and back pain. Honestly now!

I'm feeling a little blue today. Perhaps it is because I did not get enough sleep and ran out of English Breakfast Tea, which I rely on to get me going in the morning. (I'm British) Some of my colleagues are also being very cautious around me, which to an extent I appreciate, but I also feel like they are expecting me to be more "down" than I am. Today someone asked me, "How are you?" (with a concerned look). I replied, "Fine thank you," to which he then replied, "Are you sure?"

Perhaps my 4am mini-panic attack about surgery still showed on my face. Oh well. I hope to get a good night's sleep, and hopefully a BEAUTIFUL 60 degree day tomorrow will perk me up. I must go get some tea as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that most people just don't know what to say to folks like us. They feel like they should say something, but they're not clear on what it is. So, they usually wind up saying something lame.

You might consider stocking up on that tea. Blue is bad. ;)