Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sometimes things actually work!

My day started off by going to get a second opinion on my surgery. Honestly, I've heard it all before, which I suppose is good because I didn't get any contradictory information. He seemed much more lax about the surgery than Dr. Tribus and told me that he would rather Dr. Tribus be my surgeon because he is the best. So, I liked the honesty.

My husband and I have been trying to purchase our first home (a condo) for some time now and all of a sudden today was the day where the "real estate world" moved really quickly and by 10:30am (1/2 hour after my surgeon appointment) my husband was signing papers to reserve the condo for 30 days in order to place an offer. Now, no one else can bid on it right now. We feel we made the right decision and I'm so excited to move. We're going to have a fireplace for the winter and central air for the summers (yes, that matters a lot in Wisconsin), plus all the appliances are going to be new. The condo will be ready in March (fingers crossed) and that way we can move before surgery and I can paint and be an interior decorating diva!!! Also the complex has new fitness equipment and a pool and hot tub. I think it will help my PT eventually when I can really start strengthening myself after surgery.

Finally, I got midterm evaluations back from my students today and they were WAY better than I expected. My students this term are difficult to read, but apparently they really like the class.

So, today is one of those days where things worked out for the best. We've got to recognize those days and be thankful for them!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when that happens?

Good luck with the condo.

abhbarry said...

They have both said that I would be fused around L3-somewhere between T7 and T12. We won't know for sure until I get my bending x-rays done in March.