Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Go me!

I went to physical therapy today and they measured my strength in my legs again and apparently I've improved quite a bit! I felt like I was getting stronger, but it is nice to know from someone else. Go me!! Woo hoo. Of course getting my legs stronger does not mean reducing my pain necessarily, but I'm determined to get as strong as possible for recovery.

I have been doing pretty well about keeping a positive attitude in regards to my back and surgery lately, but the last couple of days I've been a tad blue. I don't have a good reason. I'm still trying to keep focused on my work and on getting stronger, but I've just felt a little sad and scared lately. Hopefully it will pass.

2 comments:

lynne said...

It's the ups & downs of the whole thing...I've been there & sure the pain meds add to the down days(mentally) but help us physically..it's also the frustration of not being able to do the things we did before with ease....makes you respect(more so) the disabled.....Lynne (2&1/2 mths post-op scoliosis surgery...

Anonymous said...

emotional ups and down are par for the course, unforunately. Just ask any number of scoli patients pre and post op.

Things do get betetr.