Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fall in Wisconsin!

I love Fall! It is my favorite season. The colors are AMAZING right now. Of course, this year I know what lies ahead in Wisconsin - WINTER! Last year, I had not experienced a Wisconsin winter before, but now I know . . . actually, I like winter. People think I'm crazy, but I can't think of a better night than sitting by a fireplace, drinking hot chocolate, and watching snow fall. Ok, I don't have a fireplace, but wouldn't it be nice . . .
The only thing about winter is that my back tends to act up more because it gets so cold. On really really cold days though I sometimes wear one of those thermacare heating pads on my lower back and my muscles don't tense up as much. This might be my last year to go skiing for a while if I do surgery. Yes, there are downhill ski places in Wisconsin, but they have to dig out the hills - ha ha. I'm serious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate...no...despise winter. Especially where I live. Why, because it gets wicked cold but rarely snows so it seems like a waste. You know what I mean? If it's going to be cold it might as well snow so we have something to show for it.