Monday, May 21, 2007

2 weeks to go, pre-op

The hospital pre-op was not as bad as I thought today. I'm a little sore after the bending x-rays, but other than that, I missed out on the neuro baseline test. :) I didn't get to go see the nurses though and learn how to log roll. I'm a little nervous about that. The good news is that I get my own hospital room (yay for no roommates) and the hospital allows cell phones and has free wireless internet, so my husband can keep everyone up-to-date.

My veins decided to protest the nurses taking anymore blood after it had already given multiple pints of blood. My other arm finally decided to give up its blood though. :)

The bad/good news: My dad is currently in the ICU after having a 99% blockage in one of his heart arteries. He is incredibly stubborn and had chest pain for 3 weeks before he told anyone about it. Luckily, he did go in and now is alive because of it. He was also stubborn enough not to give out any emergency contact numbers while he was in the hospital because he didn't think anything would go wrong. Grrr. The only reason he is alive is because he keeps himself in such good health. Wow -what a week. For the next two weeks, I hope for peace, quiet, and health.

No comments: