Monday, April 02, 2007

Our New Home!


Woo hoo - my husband and I are finally in our new home! We have this horrible trend though of moving in inclement weather. When we moved to Richmond, VA we got all of our stuff in 1/2 hour before Hurricane Hugo hit and flooded downtown. When we first moved to Madison, the day after tornados hit Stoughton and wiped out the town (20 miles or so outside of Madison). So, this time when we moved, we did so in a HUGE storm with thunder and lightning, and the tornado sirens going off constantly. However, we had 8 people helping us who were true troopers and kept a smile on their faces even though they were absolutely soaked to the bone! I fed them well with pizza and beer though.


It took over an hour to try to get our couch into the condo! That is the picture I posted! Luckily, our beautiful red couch finally made it with a few red scratches on our newly-painted walls. Well, needless to say, I have completely over-pushed myself in the last couple of days, and boy is my back paying for it. I have a massage therapy appointment tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. My friends were very kind in helping us to move and making sure I didn't hurt myself - unfortunately my back is bad enough that even though I have not moved anything heavy, the whole process (walking around, moving a few things, organizing the kitchen, etc.) was enough to do me in. We still have a lot more to do on the house, but it is looking good. I'm so excited!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Take your time getting settled in. Don't push yourself too hard.