Friday, January 19, 2007

It is good to be home




Well, the 20 degree weather with a nice blanket of snow makes me feel like I'm home. We had a wonderful trip and spent quality time with family and friends, for which I am grateful. We also made a trip up to the Northwest, which I love rain or shine (ok, rain the whole time). We made two heroic attempts (not really) to view Mt. Saint Helens, but apparently the weather had other plans. :) However, our flight back home enabled us to see lots of beautiful snow covered mountain ranges. (You don't see a lot of those in the Midwest).

I added two pictures from the beaches in California. I'm a beach baby at heart (even though I'm a big fan of the snow too), and absolutely love watching waves crashing and viewing sealife. Isn't the seal just the cutest thing? Luckily, we had some wonderfully sunny days to spend strolling on the beaches and breathing in that fresh ocean air. :)

So, from the sunny Cali beaches to the snow . . . tomorrow hubby and I are going skiing (yes, believe it or not there are "downhill skiing" places in Wisconsin. If indeed I go through with surgery in June, I know I won't be able to ski for a while, so I plan on living it up tomorrow!!!

No comments: