Saturday, May 03, 2008

It has been forever, I know

Hi everyone,
Yes, I'm still alive! A dear, supportive, scoli friend reminded me that I should not let this blog die. I haven't been purposefully neglecting it - my life has just been crazy busy. I passed all of my doctoral exams last week and now am ABD (All But Dissertation), which is really exciting. It has been very stressful with TONS of studying, plus all my other work and teaching to say the least, which is mostly why I haven't written. When I'm done studying, grading, etc. I usually just end up falling asleep. It has been a big year - between surgery and finishing my doctoral work in musicology. I'm glad I did it though. In a few days I will be 11 months post-op! Woo hoo. My tailbone is still giving me lots of problems, although I am doing quite a bit of physical therapy for it. They found a tumor (benign) in my left femur, which they are watching, and last week I ended up in the ER (2 days before my exams) with a nasty virus that mimicked the symptoms of appendicitis. Life is never boring, that is for sure.
School ends in two weeks, and my husband and I are celebrating my 1 year post-op anniversary as well as our wedding anniversary by going to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite. I'm very excited and can't wait for some respite.
I will try to be better about updating the blog.
Best wishes to all (if I have any readers left :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I'm so happy you got through the exams and are doing so well in sooooo many ways!!! Have fun celebrating both anniversaries! I'm so proud of you! And yes, I check from time to time to see if you've added anything here, so you've got at least me for a reader... I love your writing! :D

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I'm so happy you got through the exams and are doing so well in sooooo many ways!!! Have fun celebrating both anniversaries! I'm so proud of you! And yes, I check from time to time to see if you've added anything here, so you've got at least me for a reader... I love your writing! :D

Anonymous said...

Anya,
I am still here and glad to see you breathed some life into your blog!! Ha Ha. congrats on both up coming 1 yr anniversaries.
Best wishes, Suzy