Friday, January 11, 2008

It has been way too long . . .

since I last posted a blog. Bad me. I've been travelling around seeing family for the holidays and in the meantime am now 7 months post-op. :) Yes, me, travelling on planes and in cars, and walking a couple miles a day! :) I actually haven't taken any pain meds in quite a few days, maybe even a week. Granted. I still have to lay down a couple times a day and still have pain, but not enough currently to warrant pain pills. I was a little disappointed that my family (in-law side) didn't really comment on how well I was doing post-op, but then again, they never knew just how bad I was! I'll have to wait to see my mom to get the "Congratulations - you look like a human being again!"

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the New Year. Blessings to those who will go through surgery this year and all those still recovering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...My name is Summer, I just found out today that I am probably going to need surgery. I have been researching online since I got home from the doc...I found your blog and have sat here and cried..and laughed:) Like you, I have fought this since my teens, even wearing a brace. I would love to hear what your degree was, how you are doing etc...I am going to make calls tomorrow to get my "second" opinions and your story just sounds alot like ME...if you can find time, I would love to email....you can reach me at soldbysummer@gmail.com. I couldn't find your email address anywhere so I hope this reaches you... I am very scared...31 yrs old and trying to make sure this is the right thing to do...attn: blog modderator...if you can pass this on to When life throws you a curve, I would appreciate it...

Anonymous said...

:) I am so glad for your and I read most of your blogs. I would have to say that you are a great fighter and very positive person. My sister is going to do the scoliosis surgery next week and I am praying that everything goes well. She is 12 and I hope she doesnt feel too much pain .. I know it could be so much for a little child!!
Wish you a very happy time with your Family :)