Saturday, December 23, 2006

I WANT TO GO HOME!!

Ok, stupid Denver weather and airport! My hubby and I have been stuck in Chicago for 2 days now trying to get home to California to see my parents for Christmas. Of course, my mother was crying, but this afternoon we should (say a prayer, knock on wood, whatever), we have a flight home (but have to go through St. Louis with a tight layover). Actually, the airlines totally screwed us over. I won't get into our long journey to Chicago, but when I learned our flight was canceled, I called the airline and rebooked us on a flight this morning. Then, because I don't trust many people, I called back a few hours later to reconfirm that our reservation went through, and guess what, THEY NEVER PUT IT IN!!! Why do people have jobs when they are totally incompetent??? The stupid lady gave us a record locator number and then never actually put us on the flight. So after me YELLING at her, we finally got another flight this afternoon. Ok, so over 48 hours later, let's hope and pray that we make it to California today so we can be with our family for Christmas instead of stuck in a Super 8 where we are now. They do have a hot tub though for my achey travelling back! :) We actually had a fun day in Chicago yesterday and went to the Field Museum and saw all the X-Mas lights and stuff downtown. Might as well not waste an unexpected day. However, I REALLY WANT TO GO HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. It is almost time to go back to the airport. Wish us luck!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you've made it home by now. Totally sucks having to go through all that right before Christmas. On the bright side, once you're home with the ones you love, it will all have been worth it. I wish you a wonderful, restful, healthy Christmas.